I tried making these some time back and wasn’t real happy with them, so I tried again, only this time I added a little bees wax and braided the wicks. I am very happy with them now.
First I rendered the tallow and strained it.
I put it through a colander to get the larger pieces out
I have three candles here in the one on the far right I just used a single wick as you can see it didn’t burn very well.
The one in the center I added some steric acid I wanted to see if it would make it harder and burn longer. It burned the same as the candle with just the wax and tallow.
These are after nine hours of burning they weren’t quite half way burned down.